List yourself as an organ donor.
“Organ donors are the real heroes. I’m here today because of one. I’m forever grateful, forever humbled by that.”
While we all like receiving gifts, many also enjoy giving them. And, what better gift than the gift of life? Go through some facts about organ donation and find out why you should list yourself as an organ donor. Moreover, learn how you can become an organ donor in less than five minutes.
For all of you that have already listed as organ donors, we’d like to thank you in the name of every individual you might get to save. THANK YOU SO MUCH.
Organ donation facts
- There are over one million people in need of lifesaving and life-improving tissues and eyes every year.
- On average, 18 people die while waiting for organ transplants every day in the US alone.
- A single organ donor can save up to eight lives.
- One donor can improve the lives of up to 50 people by donating tissues.
- Donating organ gives you the ability to help others even after you’re gone.
- A donor’s body is never disfigured and donation does not interfere with funeral arrangements.
- All major religions support donation.
- The organ transplants success rate is between 80 and 90 percent.
- Tissues and organs that can be donated include heart, lungs, kidneys, pancreas, liver, intestines, corneas, skin, bone, tendons, and heart valves.
- Organ donors and recipients can be 100 % anonymous or information about an organ donor can be released to the recipient if the donor’s family requests or agrees to it.
- Almost anyone can be an organ donor.
“Service to others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth.”
Why should you become an organ donor?
If you read the facts above, you already know the most important reason why you should list yourself as an organ donor – you can save up to 8 lives. We find this fact totally amazing and so powerful. Can you imagine saving 8 lives? Who wouldn’t want to become a hero and make such a generous and beautiful deed as we leave this world?
The easiest way to become an organ donor
You can register in-person or online. If you prefer to do it in-person you can do it at the local motor vehicle department. But we think signing up online is the easiest and the fastest way. You can apply by clicking the right link for you. It will take you just a few minutes. All you need is some identification information and photo ID or driver’s license number. If you’re not 18 years old yet, you’ll need your parents’ consent.
Once you’ve registered as an organ donor make sure you tell your friends and family so they can support your wishes.
If you live in any other country, just write “Apply as an organ donor” in your language into google search and you’ll find online applications easily.
register as an organ donor;
you can do it online in less than 5 minutes;
you can save up to 8 lives as an organ donor.
Have a beautiful week.
With love and care,